Expert corporate finance advice when you need it most
Your business will experience a range of corporate finance challenges and opportunities over its lifetime. At Park Capital, we can support you through them all – from early stage funding to exit planning, and acquisitions to disposals.
Please get in touch to find out how we can help.
Management buyouts can be complicated. Not only do you need to negotiate with your employers, you also need to secure funding. If those negotiations are not handled appropriately, the deal can easily fall apart.
We can help to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible. We have advised on numerous successful MBOs, and know what it takes to get that final deal signed-off. Park Capital’s founder and managing director has personal experience of undertaking an MBO, so he understands the risks, rewards, pitfalls and opportunities that an MBO presents.
If you’re considering taking over the business you work for, or increasing your ownership, please do get in touch. At Park Capital, we understand the unique sensitivities around undertaking an MBO and you can be assured that all of our discussions will be in confidence.
Click here for more information
Click here for a free copy of our Guide to Management Buyouts
Mergers & Acquisitions
A successful merger or acquisition requires extensive planning and professional execution. You need to be assured that the process is being efficiently managed, so that you can focus on your core business. We have advised on numerous mergers and acquisitions, including the acquisition of HPI Racing Europe out of administration from Grant Thornton. That particular deal saw Park Capital’s managing director, Jason Metcalf, visiting and negotiating with suppliers and manufacturers across the Far East and supporting on a major operational restructuring programme.
At Park Capital, we treat each merger and acquisition as a stand-alone project. Our role will depend on the client’s needs, but typically includes:
- Developing the approach strategy
- Building a compelling case to appeal to the company you’re seeking to buy
- Approaching the company, conducting negotiations and achieving a successful outcome
- Sourcing appropriate equity and debt funding
- Coordinating the work of the legal and due diligence teams
- Project managing the transaction from start to finish
Buy and build
Typically our role will include:
- Identifying, researching and prioritising potential companies, ensuring the best possible ‘fit’ with your business and strategy
- Developing a customised strategy for each target
- Arranging and leading discussions with key decision makers
- Planning transaction structures to facilitate negotiations and ensure attractive terms
- Sourcing appropriate equity and debt funding
To find out how we can support you with developing and executing your acquisition strategy, please get in touch.
You’ve invested a great deal of time and energy into growing your business. It’s understandable that you want to get the best possible deal when the time comes to sell it. At Park Capital, we can help you to do just that. Following a comprehensive review of your company and the sector you operate in, we’ll advise what steps need to be taken to prepare your business for an outright or partial sale.
There is far more to consider than just the sale price. For instance, you may want to ensure that your workforce is protected. From management buy-outs and buy-ins, to refinancing, flotation and private-sales, we’ll talk you through the pros and cons of different exit routes. Working together, we’ll develop an effective exit strategy, so that you can achieve the exit that suits you.
Please do get in touch to discuss how we can help with your exit planning.
At Park Capital, we recognise that there is more to a company sale than the bottom line. While price is always important, you may have many other considerations, from protecting your staff and maintaining brand reputation, to timescales.
Whether you’re considering an outright or partial sale, a management buy-out or buy-in, refinancing, flotation or a private-sale, we can help to get you the right deal. We specialise in the sale of unquoted companies and have a combined experience of more than 150 corporate finance transactions.
We take a hands-on approach to company disposals. We’ll talk through your objectives and get to know your business in detail, including its strengths and any weaknesses. Once we’ve gained a thorough understanding of your company, we’ll be better able to market it to potential purchasers. We can lead all negotiations and manage the entire sales process, from heads of terms, to due diligence, to final legal completion.
Company disposals can be stressful and incredibly time-consuming. Let us take some of the burden off you. Get in touch to let us know what you need.
Click here for a free copy of our Guide to Selling a Business
Equity & Debt Fundraising
From new premises to MBOs, there are many reasons why you might need to raise funds. And there are almost as many ways of raising the money. At Park Capital, we have extensive experience of helping businesses to attract new corporate finance. Over the years we’ve built strong relationships with venture capital firms, private equity providers, term debt providers, mezzanine debt providers, working capital providers, high-net-worth individuals, family funds and corporate investors. So not only can we advise you on funding, we can also directly introduce you to the funders.
We’ll assess which funder is likely to be the best fit for your business, and ensure the proposal we put forward is directly targeted at them. We’ll work with you to make sure any issues are addressed upfront, before approaching investors, giving you a much better chance of securing funding.
There isn’t a one size fits all approach to successful fundraising, so we treat each corporate finance client as a stand-alone case. That being said, it is certainly worth reading about the different types of finance situations we can support you with, so please do click to find out more.
If you want to talk in confidence about how we can help to secure funding for your business, please do get in touch.
Click here for a free copy of our Guide to Business Plan
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme is a government scheme which secures bank loans for businesses with viable businesses who may need to respond to cash flow pressures during the COVID-19 outbreak.
This could be the right solution for you If you are:
• looking for financial support through the short-term uncertainty due to COVID-19;
• looking to increase your working capital funding;
• looking to expand or diversify your business;
• looking to undertake a management buy-out or an acquisition provided that is the most appropriate way to transfer a business and value is added to the business itself as a result of the transaction
Key features and benefits
• A Government guarantee which secures bank loans to any viable business with a sound borrowing proposal, but which lacks adequate security.
• No fee required for Government guarantee.
• No loan arrangement fee or loan prepayment fee, should you wish to repay early.
• An interest free period of 12 months will apply.
• No repayment of capital required during the period of 12 months from drawdown.
• For incorporated entities: Available for sums of £10,000 to £5,000,000.
• For sole traders and partnerships: Available for sums of £25,001 to £5,000,000.
• The loan can be repaid over any period up to 6 years.
• Individually negotiated interest rates.
• Variable interest rate.
A CBILS loan may be available to you if you:
• operate in the UK
• have an annual group turnover of no more than £45m
• operate in a sector that is eligible for CBILS
• have a sound borrowing proposal and are a viable applicant but do not have sufficient security to meet the lenders standard commercial lending criteria
• the purpose of the loan meets the standard CBIL scheme eligibility criteria.
Click here for more detailed information about the scheme and how we can help.
Traditionally lenders have required security in order to lend to businesses, either on the assets of the business through fixed or floating charges or on the personal assets of the shareholders via personal guarantees. Not all businesses have the collateral to support the bank criteria needed to fund their growth, development or succession planning. The answer is having access to a fully unsecured loan, with no personal guarantees, debentures or other charges providing long-term flexible funding needed to achieve their goals.
Find out more.
Taking your business to the point where it warrants expansion is a real achievement. However, there are only a small number of funders who will help you. And they’re very particular about who they’ll take on. Each funder has their own set of requirements, such as sector, size of the business, growth potential and exit goals.
We’ve been helping businesses to secure finance for many years and have built solid relationships with numerous corporate finance organisations. We can identify those who are most likely to agree to your terms. We’ll negotiate the transaction and advise you through the whole process. So you can get back to doing what you do best – helping your business to thrive.
While we treat every case individually, we’ll usually support you by:
- Refining and developing your business plan and strategy
- Identifying and approaching potential funders
- Negotiating terms for the investment
- Project managing the whole process to completion
- Providing ongoing support before and after the transaction
Take the first step towards securing expansion or development finance for your business, by contacting us for a free consultation.
Whether you’re looking to buy a specific company, or need to identify suitable businesses, we can help to bring your acquisition strategy to fruition. Acquisitions can be challenging and time-consuming, but we can take some of the pressure off, so that you can focus on your core business. As corporate finance advisors, our role in most acquisitions is to:
- Assist you to develop and refine your business plan, financial forecasts and other fundraising documentation
- Identify and approach appropriate equity and debt providers, utilising our extensive network of investors and lenders
- Negotiate favourable terms on your behalf
- Project manage the whole transaction
- Provide ongoing support once the deal is done
To find out how we can help you to finance your acquisition, please do get in touch.
Owning the company you used to work for is a great feeling. You’re in a unique position to grow and shape the business, making the changes you know will improve it. Getting to that point can be a challenge however. Negotiating with the current owners, agreeing terms and securing finance for the MBO can be fraught with difficulties. And it doesn’t stop when the deal is made. Building relationships with the right finance partners is crucial if your business is to thrive in the years to come.
Our managing director, Jason Metcalf, has personal experience of undertaking a management buyout, so he knows just how stressful they can be. We can take some of the burden off you, leaving you free to focus on the business you’re buying.
We have extensive experience of supporting MBOs, and can identify, target, structure and negotiate the funding package you need. We’ll speak in plain English and guide you through the whole process. Once your MBO is completed, we can work with you to secure additional corporate finance as and when your business needs it. Some of our longest-standing clients first came to us for MBO advice. We’ve continued to help them grow their businesses over the years, and we can help you to do the same.
Our role will depend on your needs, but for most of our MBO clients we’ll:
- Refine and develop your business plan and strategy
- Identify the funders who are most likely to support you
- Structure and negotiate terms for the investment
- Project manage the MBO finance process
- Offer ongoing support
If you’d like to find out how we can support your management buyout, please do get in touch.
Stock, supplies, wages, rent … many business costs are incurred long before your customer pays you. Flexible working capital financing can help to bridge the gap between paying your creditors and receiving payment from your customers. We can help you to access the deal that’s right for you and your business.
We have more than 20 years’ experience in corporate finance. We’ll work with you to unlock your business’s hidden assets, in order to access finance. We can often leverage funding that’s far beyond the amount you could usually borrow.
Lenders have very different requirements, and the wrong approach can damage your chances of getting a good deal. We’ve built strong relationships across the whole lending community, so can identify those who are most likely to provide the support you need.
Our role will usually include:
- Assessing your business to determine exactly what you need
- Ensuring your business plans and financial models give you the best possible chance of attracting finance
- Identifying the right type of lending for your business
- Approaching the most suitable lenders and negotiating terms
- Project managing the transaction through to completion
- Providing ongoing support for all your corporate finance needs
If you need to access working capital finance, please do get in touch to see how we can help.
If your current capital structure is no longer suitable for your needs, we may be able to secure you a better deal. We can identify the right capital structure for your business, renegotiate with your existing financiers or find new lenders. We have more than 20 years’ experience and have built up strong relationships with numerous corporate finance organisations.
Our role typically involves:
- Assessing your finance needs
- Advising you on the most appropriate source of funds
- Identifying the best corporate finance lenders to meet your needs
- Working with you to produce business plans and financial models specific to your funding needs, and tailored to the relevant lenders
- Negotiating and structuring terms
- Project managing the whole process
- Offering ongoing corporate finance advisory support
Contact us to see whether we can get you a better deal on your business borrowing.
There are many reasons why you might be considering releasing some of the equity in your business. However, there are only a limited number of finance providers that will consider a straightforward ‘money out’ scenario. We have built up strong relationships with many of them over the years, so can identify the ones most likely to offer you a favourable deal. We can also talk through all your options, as other forms of corporate finance may meet your needs without diluting your stake in the business.
We will work with you to:
- Determine the best strategy to take cash out of the business
- Build a credible business plan and financial forecast to appeal to lenders
- Identify and negotiate terms
- Project manage the transaction through to completion
- Provide ongoing strategic advice where necessary
If you are considering equity release, please do get in touch. We’re more than happy to work with you in confidence and are likely to be able to get you a better deal than you could access independently.